segunda-feira, 13 de junho de 2016

Linda canção antitourada: 'The Apology Song' da animação 'The Book of Life'. Anti-bullfighting Apology Song



No copyright infringement intended. Shared for educational purpose only. Buy the CD!/Compre o CD!
Postado pelo canal do Youtube do vídeo:

Published on Jun 7, 2016

"The Apology Song from The Book of Life. Directed by Mexican animator Jorge Gutierrez and co-produced by Guillermo del Toro, the film embraces an anti-bullfighting message. A young man named Manolo is trained by his father to become a bullfighter but rejects the bloodsport. During his first bullfight, he refuses to kill the bull. Later he sings “I’m sorry, let us end this dance of death, Two centuries of agony, that to your heart we sent, Here and now with my amends, the senseless killing ends.”

Lyrics for The Apology Song

"Toro, I am humble, for tonight I understand
Your royal blood was never meant to decorate the sand
You’ve suffered great injustice, so have thousands before you
I offer an apology, and one long over due

I am sorry, Toro I am sorry,
Hear my song, and know I sing the truth
Although we were bred to fight, I reach for kindness in your heart tonight

And if you can forgive, and if you can forgive, love can truly live

Toro, I am frightened, but I’ll use my final breath
To tell you that I’m sorry, let us end this dance of death
Two centuries of agony, that to your heart we sent
Here and now with my amends, the senseless killing ends

I am sorry, Toro I am sorry,
Hear my song, and know I sing the truth
Although we bred to fight, I reach for kindness in your heart tonight

And if you can forgive, and if you can forgive, love can truly live"


Watch 
https://youtu.be/_i69CJc1BgE

The Book of Life is available to purchase on DVD and Blu-ray. The soundtrack is available to purchase on CD.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário